Monday, May 16, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - May 14, 2011


Last week was a very boring and basic dinner week.  My husband and I have been very busy at work, so I sprinkled in breakfast for dinner and quick prep meals for dinner.  We're back on track this week with a few family favorites and a one new experience for me!

For other great meal ideas, be sure to visit Menu Plan Monday, hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie.

Here's what's on our menu for this week:

Sunday:  Roast Chicken, New Potatoes and Corn - this was my very first time roasting an entire chicken and it turned out delicious!!  I kept it simple by brushing it with a little olive oil, sprinkling in some thyme and pouring orange juice into the cavity to keep it interesting.  The flavor was wonderful and I'll be enjoying the leftovers this week for lunch!

Monday:  My Mom's Easy Chili

1 lb. extra lean Ground Beef, crumbled and browned
1 28 oz. can tomato sauce
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 15 oz. can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 TBSP Chili Powder
shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese for topping

Brown ground beef in large pot.  Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, beans and chili powder.  Simmer for 10 minutes and its done!  Sprinkle with a little cheese before eating, if desired.

Tuesday:  Taco Tuesday - a family tradition

Wednesday:  Pizza Night

Thursday:  Pork Chops, rotini pasta and green beans

Friday:  Brushetta Chicken Bake

Saturday:   Date Night - we'll be trying The Capital Grille for the first time!

Enjoy your week.  I am still looking for a few great crock pot recipes - let me know if there is something that you recommend.

2 comments:

  1. Your menu looks great, I love chili! I made this last week, it was delicious!

    http://organicprincess.blogspot.com/2011/05/pineapple-chipotle-tacos-and-menu-plan.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love The Capital Grille, yum!

    ReplyDelete