Monday, February 01, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - First Time


I'm participating in my first Menu Plan Monday, which is hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie. This is actually something that I have been trying to do each week for the past year, in order to bring some sense of order to our busy evenings. By the time I get off of work at 5:30 and suffer a 20-30 minute commute, there is not much time for meal planning on the fly. Before I head to the grocery store on the weekend, I try to scour the pantry and freezer for available options, and then plan the week out accordingly.

Here's what's on our menu for this week:

Monday: Baked Ziti
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday (a family favorite and new tradition)
Wednesday: Pizza Night (a.k.a. my night off, and a chance for our family to spend time with my Mom, Dad, sister and her family)
Thursday: Pork Chops, Brown Rice and Green Beans
Friday: Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
Saturday: TGIFriday's Chicken Broccoli Alfredo meal
Sunday: Spaghetti

Hope that you all have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea and have been toying with it for awhile now too. I am especially bad at lunches and I now I should plan those. Maybe you will inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy "First" Meal Plan Monday! It is really a blast and your menu looks great. Hope you enjoy it too! (My favorite part is finding all the awesome, family approved recipes and neat folks.) Have a sweet week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to MPM!! Thanks for joining us :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete