Saturday, January 30, 2010
Savory Saturday: Herb Braised Chicken Thighs
Recently, I signed up to receive daily emails from SavingDinner.com. Every once in a while, Leanne Ely includes a recipe. The following recipe for braised chicken thighs looked like a perfect Sunday dinner, so I tried it last week. The meal was such a hit that a leftover repeat on Monday night was welcomed. (And we don't normally do leftovers!) Even my picky 4 year-old loved the chicken and potatoes. If you try the recipe, let me know what you think!
Herb Braised Chicken Thighs
Source: Saving Dinner
3 tablespoons flour
3 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
12 skinless chicken thighs
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups (2-inch-thick) sliced carrots
2 large onions, cut into wedges
2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup dry white wine
2 1/4 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
1. Combine first 6 ingredients (flour through pepper) in a large zip-top plastic bag.
2. Add chicken; seal bag, shaking to coat.
3. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat.
4. Add chicken and remaining flour mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
5. Add carrot and onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Add broth, wine and potatoes; bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
Per Serving: 390 calories, 7g Fat, 35g Protein, 43g Carbohydrate, 5g Dietary Fiber, 107mg Cholesterol, 866mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch, 4 Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat.