Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week in Review: Books, Cooking, Home and Family - June 18, 2010

You might have noticed that I took a bit of time off.  I'll see if I can get you caught up on what's been going on...
Books
Reading has been a great escape for me over the past few weeks and I am looking forward to all of the great books that are stacking themselves up on my shelves!

Outlander: with Bonus ContentThe Bee-Loud GladeThe Love Goddess' Cooking School

I finished Outlanderthis week and I absolutely adored it - you can read my review here.  You can be sure that I will be inserting other books from the series into my reading schedule very soon! 

In the mail this week, I received a copy of The Bee-Loud Glade, which I won as a giveaway from Erin Reads.  I'm looking forward to diving into this one, since it came so highly recommended.  I also received a copy of The Love Goddess' Cooking School which is the June selection for the Manic Mommies Book Club.  I'm already two chapters in and am liking how this novel combines two of my loves - books and cooking!

Cooking
As you'll read below, we had a full house this past weekend, so my cooking audience grew from three to eight!  With four kiddos to cater to, I kept it very simple with sandwiches, tacos and grilled chicken.  We also opted for a picnic when we went into D.C. on Saturday.  Peanut Butter and Jelly never tastes better than when it enjoyed on the National Mall!

Home
Last weekend, I was so tickled that our home was bursting at the seams with family when my sister, brother-in-law, nieces and nephew arrived.  There are few things that I like better than entertaining.  I planned to have two kids sharing our extra room and one kid in with J in her room.  Of course, the kids had their own idea and packed themselves into J's room for the first night.  I'm kicking myself that I didn't get pictures of all the sleeping cuties!

Family
I miss having my family here - our visit went by entirely too fast!  Here are a few shots from our whirlwind weekend...

Cousins!


No comments:

Post a Comment